deconstructive constructs

large

Thursday, June 17, 2004

There’s a view prevalent in society that tabloid journalism, be it in newspapers or on TV is a cool and interesting thing. This morning for instance Sky News, (a channel which is dumbing down at an alarming speed), opened with three stories relating to the Footie in Portugal. Then followed with two bombings in Iraq. And finally slipped in a little story about Tony Blair fucking off to Europe to give up the British right to sovereignty and self-taxation and fuck knows what else…
Have we lost our sense of proportion?

There’s a cat crying like a twat outside my window… is that Kirsty McColl song? Oh no, that was, “There’s a guy works down the chipshop swears he’s Elvis.” Cool. Right up there with “John Kettley, He’s a Weatherman” and “I’m in love with the girl on the Manchester Virgin Record Store Checkout Desk…”
They don’t write ‘em like that anymore.

Everyone I know are pissed off with their jobs. This can’t be right.
If we all banded together and started a Utopian society without money and returned to an agrarian way of life maybe we all be happier? Then again I’m fucked if I’m getting my hands dirty just to live on fucking cabbage soup.

There was a documentary on TV last night about Labia surgery and twat tucks. Very odd. Odder still a friend rang in the middle of it to tell me she wanted one and had never been very happy with her own vaginal curves… thank god I’d eaten before that conversation.

Funny old game, life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Hit Counter